The 2018 Winter Tuesday Night Marathon
January 9th – February 27th, 2018
- 9 rounds, one game every Tuesday.
- Round 1: 6:30 p.m. January 9th.
Round 2: January 16th. Round 3: January 23rd. Round 4: January 30th. Round 5: February 6th. Round 6: February 13th. Round 7: February 20th. Round 8: February 27th.
- Time Control: Game in 2 hours with a 5-second delay (G/2, d5). There will be no adjournments.
- All time delay must be from the beginning.
- Entry Fee: $50.00. $60.00 for registration on the day of the first round.
- Prizes: 60% of the prize fund given to 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Overall; Best Under 2200, Under 2000, Under 1800, Under 1600, Under 1400, Under 1200, and Unrated. All lower-rated players are eligible to win higher class prizes.
- Cash prizes can only be given to Mechanics' Institute members. All other prizes will be given as either a membership to the Mechanics' Institute plus the remainder in cash, or partial payment toward a year’s membership, the balance of which must be paid within 30 days or forfeited.
- The tournament will follow USCF rules and all players must be current members of the USCF through the end of February 2018.
- The tournament will be FIDE-rated.
- A request for up to three 1/2 point byes will be accepted under the following conditions:
- All byes are irrevocable.
- No byes may be requested for rounds seven and eight.
- Bye requests must be made by noon on Monday for the following Tuesday night round.
- Normally, pairings will be made Monday noon and will be posted online and in the Chess Room.
- The Tournament Director for this event is John Donaldson.
- All questions and bye requests should be sent to: email@example.com, or call 415-393-0110.
To enter the tournament, please print and fill out this form or register online.
|ADDRESS (WITH ZIP CODE):
|USCF ID #: